PART A: Preliminary Examination :
The Examination shall comprise two compulsory papers of 200 marks each
Paper I-(200 marks) Duration : Two hours
- Current events of national and international importance.
- History of India and Indian National Movement.
- Indian and World Geography – Physical, Social, Economic Geography of India and the World.
- Indian Polity and Goverance – Constitution, Political System, Panchayat Raj, Public Policy, Rights Issues, etc.
- Economic and Social Development – Sustainable Development, Poverty,Inclusion, Demographics,Social Sector initiatives, etc
- General issues on Environmental Ecology, Bio-diversity,and Climate Change – that do not require subject specialization.
- General Science.
Paper II-(200 marks) Duration: Two hours
- Interpersonal skills including communication skills;
- Logical reasoning and analytical ability
- Decision-making and problem solving
- General mental ability
- Basic Numeracy (numbers and their relations, orders of magnitude,etc) (ClassX level), Data interpretation (charts,graphs,tables,data sufficiency etc,- ClassX level)
- English Language Comprehension skills (ClassX level)
Note 1: The questions papers will be set both Hindi and English. Questions relating to English language Comprehension skills of ClassX level (last item in the syllabus of Paper II) will be tested through passage from English language only without providing Hindi translation thereof in the question paper.
Note 2: The questions will be of multiple choice, objective type.
Note 3: It is mandatory for the candidate to appear in both the papers of civil services(prelim) Exam for the purpose of evaluation. He will be disqualified in case he does not appear both the papers